NEXT HYDROGEN SOLUTIONS INC.
CODE OF BUSINESS CONDUCT AND ETHICS
- This code of business conduct and ethics (this “Code”) provides a general statement of the Corporation’s expectations regarding the ethical standards that each director, officer and employee should adhere to while acting on behalf of the Corporation. “Employees” of the Corporation include permanent, contract and temporary employees, and include independent contractors who are engaged in an employee-like capacity of the Corporation. Each director, officer and employee is expected to read and become familiar with the ethical standards described in this Code and may be required, from time to time, to affirm his or her agreement to adhere to such standards.
- Through this Code, we endorse the following principles:
- honest and ethical conduct, including the ethical handling of actual or apparent conflicts of interest between personal and professional relationships;
- full, fair, accurate, timely and understandable disclosure in the Corporation’s shareholder reports and in other public communications and filings of the Corporation;
- compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules and regulations; and
- accountability by all of our directors, officers and employees for adherence to this Code.
- This Code outlines the broad principles of legal and ethical business conduct embraced by our Corporation. It is a not a complete list of legal or ethical questions a director, officer or employee might face in the course of business, and therefore this Code must be applied using common sense and good judgment. Compliance with the spirit as well as the letter of this Code is very important to us.
- Any director, officer or employee of the Corporation who violates the Code may face disciplinary action up to and including termination of their office or employment with the Corporation for just cause without notice or payment in lieu of notice or immediate termination of a services contract. Each such individual is expected to review the Code annually to satisfy themselves that they have adhered to the stated principles and standards. Each director, officer and employee of the Corporation will be provided with a copy of the Code and will be required to acknowledge, through their signature, their understanding of and their agreement to comply with the Code as a term of their office or employment.